Sunday 15 September 2013

[Single Review] Praise Godney "Work Bitch" is here.


Britney's back with a STOMPING first single off her yet untitled eighth studio album. She doesn't hold back on it does she?

It's a collaboration between her, will.i.am and one of the guys from Swedish House Mafia and it sounds exactly like a collaboration between her, will.i.am and one of the guys from Swedish House Mafia. The beat is basically taken straight from that SHM song Greyhound. A song that I love but always craved vocals for so I'm cool with that. The british accent also makes a comeback and it kinda makes her sound like Cher Lloyd (awkward), I swear you can also hear some backing vocals from Miss Lloyd as well which makes me think that this may have started out life as a Cher Lloyd demo. 

I most likely am of course entirely wrong. 

This of course will be massive in the clubs around the galaxy but is it Britney's best ever lead single? I'm not sure, it's missing something I can't place my finger on. 

It's fun, it's cheeky, it's a bit different to her pervious stuff. It kinda gives me flashbacks to Scream and Shout but this is much more melodic and she does some really nice/interesting stuff with her voice (or a computer does I'm not quite sure). It's better than Scream & Shout though because it's actually a proper song with a semi proper chorus. Radio is going to eat this up like there's no tomorrow. It's going to be a big hit, this is a fact. It's also going straight to the top of my workout playlist, Britney telling you to WORK has got to be good motivation right?

Album 8 is gonna be good. 

"You wanna live fancy
Live in a big mansion
Party in France

You better work bitch"



Score: 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment