Wednesday 12 March 2014

[Single Review] Orange Slayramel are back

When Pledis initially revealed the afterschool subunit I wasn't particularity impressed. I don't normally go for the whole cutesy thing they were doing for the first couple singles. But over time they've slowly morphed into this quirky group with their own distinct individuality. Since 'Bangkok City' they haven't had a bad single. 'Lipstick' was friggin' amazing. They also have some INCREDIBLE album tracks in their discography that I suggest you check out. See 'Bubble Bath' & 'One Love'. 

'Catallena' is described as an 'indian disco song' that samples a a Pakistani folk song (!!!), so obviously it's amazing. The lyrics describe a mysterious 'Catallena' woman. urgh seriously I just love everything about it. So funky, so fresh. Listening Orange Caramel, you're never bored, Pledis are really doing a great thing here with them. 

The video is the most original MV I've seen in k-pop since.. well their last MV 'Lipstick'. The girls become sushi... and I don't really know what else to say, just watch it. 

Score: 8.5/10



)

No comments:

Post a Comment